Aparthotel Andorra ***
- Central location at short distance from wheelchair beach
- Pool has no special access for disabled
- Many wheelchair- and or scooter accessible shops paradise, restaurants and bars nearby
- Caregiver, assistance- and mobility equipment to rent
Playa de las Américas, Aparthotel Andorra *** (3 accessible units facing the pool, max 3 Adults or 2 + 2)
These conveniently located apartments offer a friendly, relaxed atmosphere, right in the center of Playa de la Américas,15 minutes away from the south airport Reina Sofía and 5-7 minutes away from the beach Las Vistas. They are situated within easy reach of the resort’s many amenities including shops, bars and restaurants.
The Aparthotel Andorra consists of 221 apartments completely equipped as follows:
The comfortable one-bedroom apartments have tiled floors, wooden furniture and all contain en suite bathroom with hairdryer, direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV (subject to additional fee) and fully fitted kitchenette with refrigerator, hob and cooking utensils. Safes can be rented from the 24-hour reception.
A varied buffet breakfast is served in the Andorra’s restaurant. Snacks are available throughout the day at the poolside bar. Guests can also relax with a drink in the lounge bar.
In Aparthotel Andorra you find:
- 24-Hour Front Desk, car and motorcycle rent, tours, telephone and fax service
- Bar, restaurant, pool bar
- Laundry service
- 2 pools (one heated in the winter) with no special access for handicapped
- One bedroom apartments (3 adults or 2+2)
- Have a separate double bedroom
- Living area with sofa bed
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, hob and cooking
- Telephone, TV and safe to hire
- Bathroom with rol-in-shower
- A spacious furnished balcony or terrace
- Number of accessible units 3 facing the pool
- Room door width 78 cm
- Bathroom door width 82 cm
- Bed height 50 cm, Distance floor/bed base 20 cm
- Toilet height 47 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 78,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 110,–
- Stay in Apartment, kitchen and bedroom with one-bedroom max 3 adults or 2+2 kids younger then 13 Year (see table)
- Stay is incl. breakfast
- Half board is possible for € 6,- per person and night
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees € 25,-, airport tax and local tax