Aparthotel Parque La Paz ***
- Central location at shot distance from wheelchair beach
- Pool with hoist
- Many wheelchair- and or scooter accessible shops paradise, restaurants and bars nearby
- Caregiver, assistance- and mobility equipment to rent
Playa de las Américas, Aparthotel Parque La Paz *** (13 accessible units on ground floor, max 4 Adults)
A modern complex set in landscaped gardens, Parque de la Paz offers a friendly and lively atmosphere. It is situated in the very heart of Playa de Las Américas, 5 minutes away from the man-made accessible beach of Las Vistas; 1,5 Km from Los Cristianos.
The surrounding area is in general very peaceful and pleasant, especially for walking along the coastline. The area is also renowned for its shops and restaurants, being very close to several important and well appointed shopping centers.
The Aparthotel Parque La Paz consists of 221 apartments completely equipped as follows:
One bedroom apartments (2-4 adults) have a separate twin bedroom, living area with two sofa beds, fully fitted open-plan kitchenette that includes oven and fridge, bathroom with shower and bathtub as well as a spacious furnished balcony or terrace.
Among other facilities, clients will find a free-form pool with split-level sun terrace and free sun loungers; pool bar, open throughout the day and evening, also serving snacks; barbecues; buffet restaurant; 24 hour reception and entertainment program.
In Aparthotel Parque La Paz you find:
- 24-Hour Front Desk, Tour Desk, Ticket Service, Fax/Photocopying, Hair/Beauty Salon
- Bar, Buffet-Style Restaurant, Snack Bar
- Packed Lunches, Vending Machine (drinks)
- WiFi is available in public areas and charges apply
- Newspapers, Safe, Facilities for Disabled Guests, Family Rooms, Elevator
- BBQ Facilities, Terrace, Sun Deck
- Outdoor Pool with hoist
- Pool Table, Ping-Pong, Darts, Massage, Bicycle Rental, Game Room, Library, Playground, Karaoke, Entertainment Staff
- This property can be booked from self catering to all-inclusive
The “All inclusive” service consists of: An extensive breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet with show cooking, international and regional dishes as well as themed nights (Mexican, Chinese, Canarian).
BREAKFAST BUFFET: “Parque La Paz” Restaurant
8:00 to 10:00 in winter
8:30 to 10:30 in summer
LUNCH BUFFET: “The Barbecue” Restaurant
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
DINNER BUFFET: “Parque La Paz” Restaurant
18:00 to 21:00
SNACKS: “The Barbecue” Restaurant
Late breakfast between 10.30 -12:00 (toast, jam, butter, corn flakes, cakes….)
Appetizer / Snack Midday between 12.00-13.00 (sandwiches, fruit and ice cream)
Afternoon Snack between 15.00-17.00 (pizza, hot dogs or hamburgers, ice cream and fruit)
Tea Time between 17:00- 18:00 (pastries and cakes)
Night Snack between 21.00 -23.00 (canapés)
- One bedroom apartments (2-4 adults)
- Have a separate twin bedroom
- Living area with two sofa beds
- Fully fitted open-plan kitchenette that includes oven and fridge
- Telephone, TV and safe
- bathroom with shower and bathtub
- A spacious furnished balcony or terrace
- Nr. of accessible units 13 at ground floor
- Room door width 78 cm
- Bathroom door width 74 cm
- Bed height 61 cm, Distance floor/bed base 34 cm
- Toilet height 47 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 78,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 110,–
- Stay in Apartment, kitchen and bedroom with double bed max 4 adults (see table)
- 24-Ours-hotline for Problems assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees € 25,-, airport tax and local tax