Bungalowpark Cristobal ***
- Located in the heart of Playa de las Americas
- Swimming pool with hoist and heated in the winter
- Excellent central location near the adapted beach
- Wide range of equipment, care and accessible excursions are possible
- Is good starting point to visit restaurants, bars and shops
Playa de las Américas, Bungalow Parque Cristobal **** (5 accessible bungalows with 2 bedrooms, max 5 persons)
This bungalowpark is located in the very center of Playa de las Américas, right in the middle of a pedestrian area with numerous shops and restaurants and around 100 m away from the sea front promenade.
This comfortable complex was fully renovated in 2006. On offer are a total of 151 bungalows set in tranquil gardens (30.000 m2). Furthermore, air conditioned lobby with 24-hour reception, à la carte restaurant, buffet restaurant, bar, relaxation and games rooms as well as a TV lounge are on hand. Guests may also make use of Internet access and the laundry service. For younger guests there is a playground and kid’s club available.
- Air conditioned lobby with 24-hour reception
- Beautiful gardens
- À la carte restaurant, buffet restaurant and bar
- Relaxation and game-rooms as well as a TV lounge
- Internet access and the laundry service
- Playground and kid’s club
- Table tennis, handball, volleyball, billiards (charges apply), darts, bocce
- A multi-use sports field may be rented, practice gymnastics or aerobics
- Four outdoor pools (heated in winter) and Jacuzzi
- Sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols
- Entertainment program for adults and children
- Living room and one or two bedrooms
- Kitchen with fridge, microwave, toaster, coffeepot and kettle
- Bathroom with wheel-in shower, wall mounted shower seat and toilet with grab rails and hairdryer
- Air conditioning
- Telephone, satellite TV and safe to hire
- A mobility scooter can be charged on the room
- Number of accessible units 5 with 2 bedrooms
- Room door width 90 cm
- Bathroom door width 90 cm
- Bed height 53 cm, Distance floor/bed base 24 cm
- Toilet height and shower seat 38 cm
- Toilet grab rails58 and 78 cm, distance between 72 cm
- Sink high 85 cm, free space below 67 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 72,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 100,–
- Stay in bungalow with double bedroom, max.5 persons (see table)
- Self catering, breakfast, half board and All Inclusive is possible
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees € 25,-, airport tax and local tax