Divi Flamingo Beach Resort ****
- Caribbean ambience on a delightful quiet tropical island
- Plenty of nature and green accommodation
- Most beautiful coral reefs in the world and crystal clear water
- Rent of home care and mobility equipment
Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino
Consists of 129 studios and apartments, 8 of which are adapted for wheelchairs.
The joyful Caribbean colors of this popular hotel immediately draw attention. Snorkel off the pier and discover the wondrous underwater world or subscribe to a course at the diving school. Bar ‘Balashi’ is the cozy center point of the resort and on Fridays is ‘the place to be’ for the happy hour.
- 3/4 star hotel
- 129 rooms/apartments with 8 rooms adapted for wheelchairs
- Location: holiday resort environment, lively environment and directly on the sea
- Center of Kralendijk on approx. 500 m
- Own parking space
- 5 star Padi divingschool
- Own parking space
Good to know about Divi Flamingo Beach Resort:
- Children up to 12 years will eat for free with the parents in the period between the 1st of April and 31st of October
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment (while stocks lasts)
- Daily happy hour, weekly Rum Punch Party and frequently live music and entertainment
- Reception with lounge
- Buffet restaurant ‘Calabas Terrace’ open daily for breakfast
- À-la-carte restaurant and bar open daily for lunch and diner
- Bar ‘Balashi Beach Bar’ with delightful cocktails
- Swimming pools with sun terrace, lounge chairs, parasols and towel service
- Water sport facilities, diving school with dive and photo shop
- Fitness area and small spa
- Small informal casino with bar
- Internet is available at the internet kiosk in the hotel lobby
- Activities desk
- Ceiling ventilator
- TV (60 channels)
- Rental safe
- Coffee maker
- Alarm radio
- House telephone
- Mini fridge
- Balcony or terrace with a view of the swimming pool or the garden
- Wash basin accessible with wheelchair
- Railing near the shower
- Railing near the toilet
- Door width room: 80 cm
- Height of the toilet: 46,9 cm
- Scoot moped
- high/low bed
- a weight lift
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
Bonaire is 39 km long and maximum 12 km wide. You can explore the island through several possibilities. There are bus services between Kralendijk and Rincón and surrounding quarters, but there is no set schedule. Taxis are very suitable too. It is of course possible to rent a car yourself from one of the many rental companies or to rent a bicycle, moped or scooter in Kralendijk or at one of the many hotels.
In addition there is the option of adjusted transport with a wheelchair bus. The experienced drivers assist you and will take you on a slow and quiet trip.
In brief: plenty of options to see the always present flamingos. To go by canoe in to mangroves or to enjoy nature at the National Park. Also the historic sightseeing opportunities in the little town of Kralendijk and the slave houses on the south side of the island are worth a visit during your holiday on Bonaire.
Concerning the ‘under-water-nature’, Bonaire is one of the most beautiful islands in the entire Caribbean and far beyond. For divers and snorkelers the waters around Bonaire are therefore a true paradise. But not just for them, Bonaire belongs to the 10 best surfing locations in the world!
Bonaire offers you many different kinds of restaurants in various price ranges. In view of the location in fish rich waters, it will be obvious that fish takes an important place in the daily menu of the Bonerian.
The people on Bonaire speak mostly Dutch, English, Spanish and Papiamento.
110 Volt; an adapter comes in handy.
Food and drink
There are very many different eating options on Bonaire, from European to Chinese. The tap water is good and drinkable.
the American dollar is the official currency of Bonaire. On many locations the Euro is accepted, but change is given in dollars. There are many exchange points where Euros can be exchanged for in dollars.
ATM’s can mostly be found in the various shopping malls. Credit cards are accepted almost anywhere.
Tropical climate; a lot of sunshine and a cooling north-east trade wind. Average temperature is 30°C.
Bonaire is GMT/UTC Offset – 4h, Bonaire does not utilize Daylight Saving Time.
Bonaire is 39 km long and maximum 12 km wide. Exploring the island is possible through a number of ways. There are bus services between Kralendijk and Rincón and Kralendijk and surrounding quarters, but there is no set schedule. Taxis are very suitable too. It is of course possible to rent a car yourself from one of the many rental companies or to rent a bicycle, moped or scooter in Kralendijk or at one of the many hotels.
In addition there is the option of adapted transport with a wheelchair bus. The experienced chauffeurs assist you and will take you on a slow and quiet drive.
Butterfly Farm: watch the video of the butterfly farm on Bonaire with easy access for wheelchair and scoot moped.
Imagine passing through a tropical rain forest surrounded by trees, flowers, over small bridges and underneath waterfalls. You are surrounded by butterflies, a true butterfly paradise. Hundreds of different species of butterflies can be found, including the rarest species in the world!
Diving for the handicapped!
This incredible training opportunity offers a new alternative method to improve the mental and physical condition.