Gran Hotel Meloneras ****
- The elegant and modern hotel on a Beach front location
- 4 Swimming pools, 2 with hoist and 3 are heated
- Just a few meters from the Nature Reserve of Dunas de Maspalomas
- Wide range of equipment, care and accessible excursions are possible
- Very good access in and around the hotel and its tropical garden (76.000 m2)
Meloneras, Gran Hotel Meloneras **** (6 accessible rooms at pool level, max 2 adults and 1 child)
The Hotel Meloneras, a four star superior hotel, is located on the sea front and just a few meters from the Nature Reserve of Dunas de Maspalomas and in the most exclusive shopping area in the south of Gran Canaria. This complex with 1180 rooms and its 76.000 m2 garden invites the visitors to enjoy an atmosphere of peaceful activity in which you can practice all types of sports and look after body and mind in the fantastic Spa Corallium, a real gift for the senses in an impressive center inspired by the volcanic nature of the island.
The entire hotel complex has barrier-free entrances, as well as 6 wheelchair accessible bedrooms. The elegant and modern rooms consist of a tiled, marble en suite bathroom with hairdryer, telephone, satellite/ cable TV, radio and Internet access. They also include a minibar, a double bed, air conditioning, a safe and a balcony or terrace. The accessible bathrooms have wheel-in shower and raised toilet with grab rails.
The guests have the choice among six restaurants three of these offering a buffet style for breakfast and dinner, which have been reserved for the half board guests, the others offering a variety from a la carte to Italian.
Sports and Entertainment
In the outdoor complex are 4 swimming pools (3 of which are heated and two equipped with a hoist) with separate children’s pools, waterfalls and Jacuzzi, a snack bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. Furthermore, it is possible to pay a visit to the hotel gym as well as the 3,000 m² spa and beauty complex that offers access to a Jacuzzi, saunas, a solarium and a massage service. Further leisure activities on offer include table tennis, aerobics, bocce and minigolf. On payment of an additional fee, guests may play tennis, billiards/ snooker, bowling and golf.
There is also a newspaper stand, a games room, a shopping arcade, a hairdresser’s salon, a nightclub, a cinema, a bistro café and 9 bars.
- Four swimming pools, one with artificial beach
- Sun terraces with sunloungers and parasols
- Pool towels provided
- Two buffet restaurants for Half Board guests
- Two à la carte restaurants
- Nouvelle cuisine restaurant
- Five bars
- Tennis (lessons available)
- Fitness center
- Air conditioning
- Twin beds plus extra bed (if required)
- Balcony or terrace
- Bathroom with shower and hairdryer
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Direct telephone
- High speed internet access (additional charge)
- safety deposit box (payable locally)
- Minibar (charge according to consumption)
- Number of accessible rooms 6
- Lift width and depth 80 x 125 cm
- Room door width 80 cm
- Bathroom 3 x 3,5 m door width 80 cm
- Bed height 55 cm, Distance floor/bed base 30 cm
- Toilet height and shower seat 47 cm
- Toilet grab rails 70 cm, distance between 72 cm
- Sink high 67 cm, free space below 57 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
The Village and Port of Mogán are amongst the most beautiful and tranquil the places of the island. The first stop-off point is the village, where you will be able to enjoy a leisurely mid-afternoons walk. The second stop takes us to the Port where – no doubt – you will soak up the atmosphere of the harbour.
This historic walk begings in front of the Cathedral in Santa Ana Square. We will start next to the figures of the bronze dogs, the popular Canarian dog.
We will start our visit to Triana by enjoying a walk through the popular San Telmo Park. Come with me…
City Garden-Path Alcaravaneras route
Our tour begins in the recently redesigned Doramas Park. Let us walk together through its serpentine paths while I explain…
Historic Quarter of Agüimes
Our historic visit of the “Villa de Agüimes” (the Village of Agüimes) will last approximately one hour. Before we start our walk through Agüimes I would like to give you a brief outline of its history…
Faro de Maspalomas
Before placing our backpack on our shoulders, we should take a look at our route so that we know where we are starting from…
Capital: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria – population: 370.000
Area: 1.529,9 Km²
Altitude: 1.949 meter, Pico de las Nieves
Vliegduur: around 4 our and 30 min.
Maspalomas (BAOBAB RESORT)
Maspalomas is situated on the south coast about 2 Km west of the livelier Playa del Inglés and about a 40 minute drive from the airport. The resort has a 6 kilometres long beach that is one of the biggest and most beautiful on the island. Accommodation is mainly apartments with a couple of nice hotels. Nearby is a large oasis with dense vegetation consisting of palm trees and salt marsh brushwood. Next to the oasis there is a small lagoon. The housing developments include hotels, bungalows, sports grounds, etc. which have been nicely developed. Two kilometres west of the Maspalomas lighthouse, there is Pasito Blanco beach with a yacht harbour and a tourist centre. Maspalomas offers an exiting all-year-round holiday destination aimed mainly at families. The resort has all the usual tourist attractions including a 18-hole golf course, Go-carting and two nice water parks. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and cafes. Surprisingly, Maspalomas isn’t as noisy as you would expect.
Meloneras (GRAN HOTEL MELONERAS)
Is a high class holiday resort located on the southern outskirts of Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles on the south coast of Gran Canaria. It is approximately 30 minutes from Las Palmas airport. Its tourism standards are up-market with mainly excellent accommodation and a refined nightlife centered on its fine restaurants.
Playa del Inglés (APARTHOTEL GREEN FIELD,Hotel Ifa Buenaventura, PARQUE CRISTOBAL)
Situated about 30 minutes drive from the airport, Playa del Inglés offers a superb beach of very fine, golden sand, gently leading to an always blue, peaceful sea. Playa del Inglés is a large development with hotels, apartments, bungalows and villa’s. Playa del Inglés is by far the liveliest resort on the island and is a honey pot for the young and lively crowd. There is a vast area of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants to cater for the tourist. We would not recommend Playa del Inglés for those who are looking for a quiet and peaceful holiday, because of the buzzing night life and the many young people.
Puerto Rico (HOTEL MARINA SUITES)
Puerto Rico is around 50 minutes drive from the airport and is a modern development with apartments, hotels, villas and bungalows. The town is encircled by hills and has one of the best sunshine records on the island. The main attraction is its beautiful man-made beach with lovely soft sand imported from the Sahara. The beach has a gentle slope to the sea and is therefore ideal for young children. The majority of Puerto Rico is very hilly with more steps than you could ever count. It would therefore be unsuitable to those who are less mobile and to young children in buggies, unless you know exactly where you are staying. The resort also offers mini golf, floodlit tennis, water park, a bowling alley and two yacht harbours with a choice of many boat excursions like sport fishing and a pirate trip. The resort has great shops, bars and restaurants where most late-night entertainment takes place. The area of main shopping centre is a bit noisy but the beach area is very quiet.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 3 persons from and to the airport to your hotel € 150,–
- Stay in room with Breakfast , max.2 adults and 1 child (see table)
- Upgrade to half board is possible
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees € 25,- , airport tax and local tax