Hotel Maria Eugenia ***
- All Inclusive hotel next to the beach front
- Beautiful garden, patios, fountains and lakes
- Swimming pool with ramp access
- Rent of home care and mobility equipment
Calas de Mallorca, Hotel Maria Eugenia *** (4 accessible room on ground floor for 1 till 2 Adults, open from 11 April till 27 September)
This three star hotel is built on a cliff with direct view to the Mediterranean in Calas de Mallorca has 203 rooms. Located in the tourist resort of Cala Mallorca the beach known as Es Domingos Gran is the largest and most popular tourist beach in this area. Shaped similar to a horse shoe and backed by a pine clad forest, the sand is golden and offers many facilities for sun bathing. The waters are clam and offer a program of water-sports daily. The beach can get busy in peak season so we do suggest you get there early for the best spot. Other facilities: Olympic swimming pool of fresh water with terrace / solarium, sun beds & parasols, a very extensive entertainment program and a VIP area with Bali Beds ( extra charge).
- breakfast ( 08.00-10.00h)
- continental breakfast (10:30-11:30)
- lunch ( 13.00-15.00h)
- dinner (19.30-21.30h)
all buffet style with show cooking and A la Minute pastas, served in the main restaurant. Snacks such as hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and chips are available between 11:30 & 15:30 at the snack bar as well as pancakes & crepes from 15:30-17:30 and cold sandwiches from 18:00-22:30. Locally produced alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, non natural fruit juices and ice-creams are served from 10:30-22:30.
- Safety deposit box
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Outdoor pool
- No parking available
- Wired internet is available in the business center and charges are applicable
- Car hire
- 24-hour front desk
- Tour desk
- Tennis court
- Table tennis
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental
- Games room
- Children’s playground
- Room with sea view and two beds, satellite TV, chair and table
- Ceiling fan, telephone and minibar
- Safe and WiFi access(to rent)
- wheelchair accessible Bathrooms
- Balcony or terrace
- Number of accessible rooms: 4
- Lift width and depth: 80×125 cm
- Room door width: 80 cm
- Bed height: 50 cm
- Distance floor/bed base: 10 cm
- Bathroom door width: 80 cm
- Toilet height: 47 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
Take a Balloon Trip over Mallorca
Without a doubt, this is the very best way of seeing the island. Mallorca Balloons runs flights from March till October, operating eight balloons, one of which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the biggest balloon in Spain. Forget the pool, the sheer romance of floating 2,000 feet over such a magnificent coastline is virtually indescribable …
Discover the 300-year-old Mallorcan Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and ensaïmadas have been the traditional breakfast pastry here since the 17th century. The ensaïmada has even been awarded protected regional food status by the EU. Forn Fondo on Calle Unió in Palma has been a bakery since 1911. Pau Llull is the fourth generation to run it. Who better to make your breakfast?
Taste the Finest Lamb in the World
Forget the glitzy restaurants on the coast, even the good ones. Follow UK’s most down-to-earth celebrity chef, Rick Stein and head for the hills, specifically to Es Verger a little mountain restaurant near Castell d’Alaro, where he ate “the most succulent lamb I ever tasted”, roasted over a wood fire.
Explore the Calas
This is a general instruction. A cala is a small cove, and the Mallorcan coast contains a charming string of them. Keep your eyes open for the road signs and you’ll find some extraordinary little havens of tranquility. It’s the slow way of exploring – but ever so rewarding.
Don’t Miss Unique Fornalutx
If you stay by the coast you’ll never see it, but Fornalutx is regarded by many as the most beautiful village on Mallorca, and one of the most stunning in Spain. You’ll find it deep in the Sierra de Tramuntana, with winding streets, narrow stone steps, and flowers and greenery everywhere. Its houses are decorated with colourful painted tiles, some dating back to the 16th century.
Relive the Scandal of Valldemosa
It may be calm now, but in 1838 it became home-from-home for one of the biggest scandals to grip Paris that year: the affair between the pianist, Frederic Chopin, and the writer George Sand. To get away from it all, they rented a former monk’s cell at the Royal Carthusian Monastery here. They ended up hating the place – but they did wonders for its holiday reputation.
Enjoy the Colour of San Telmo
Where the mountains meet the sea, less than ten minutes west of Puerto Andratx, you’ll find San Telmo, a simple fishing village where the fishermen’s houses line the sea’s edge. It’s protected a few hundred meters offshore by the island of La Dragonera, declared a natural reservation in 1985. You may never want to leave.
Daniel Libeskind is one of the world’s leading architects, who designed the iconic Jewish Museum in Berlin and was chosen to redevelop Ground Zero in New York. Not many people know, however, that overlooking the sea near Puerto Andratx he designed the home and studio where sculptor, Barbara Weill, has worked for 35 years. It’s the only domestic project he’s ever done, and already on the worldwide itinerary of curious architecture students.
Cap de Formentor
This is Mallorca’s northernmost point and about as wild and wonderful as the landscape here gets, which is saying a lot. The sea views are quite stunning – but if you have a fear of heights, watch out.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel € 242,–
- Stay in room for 1 till 2 Adults including All Inclusive (see Table)
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax