Palmeras Playa ****
- 100m. from the beach front
- Half board or All inclusive
- Swimming pool with a hoist
- Rent of home care and mobility equipment
Sa Coma, Hotel Palmeras Playa **** (6 accessible double bedrooms for 1 till 3 adults or 2+1 Children, open from 27 March till 31 October)
The Apartment Hotel with 4 stars is located 100 meters from the Sa Coma beach and 500 meters from the small fishing port of s’Illot.
Your all-inclusive stay in the Twins rooms is perfect to spend your holiday in Majorca. The outdoor pool is surrounded by gardens and terraces where you can enjoy the Majorcan sun. A full entertainment program with evening shows and activities complete the leisure.
The Air-conditioned apartments consist of two large beds (100x190cm), satellite LCD TV, air-conditioning/heating, fridge, direct telephone, minibar and safe (extra charge). Rooms open to balconies. Accommodations also feature a kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave. Bathrooms include bathrobes and designer toiletries.
In addition to an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, fitness facility, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a children’s pool. Guests can enjoy there drinks in the restaurant or at one of the hotel bars, which include a swim-up bar, a poolside bar, and a bar/lounge.
A full entertainment programme with evening shows and activities complete the leisure on offer at the Protur Palmeras Playa.
Restaurant: offers half board or all-inclusive.
- Breakfast Buffet between 08:00 and 10:00 h
- Dinner Buffet between 18.30 and 21.00 h
- Breakfast 8am to 10am
- Continental breakfast 10am to 12pm
- Lunch 1pm to 3pm
- Pastries and coffee 4pm to 6pm
- Dinner 6:30pm to 9pm
Note: Wristbands are mandatory. Self-service in bar and dining room.
- Two large beds (100x190cm), satellite LCD TV, air-conditioning/heating, fridge, direct telephone, minibar and safe (extra charge).
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
- One bedroom with safety deposit box
- Bathrooms include bathrobes and designer toiletries
- Rooms open to balconies
- Number of accessible units: 6
- Lift width and depth: 80×120 cm
- Room door width: 80 cm
- Bed height: 50 cm
- Distance floor/bed base: 25 cm
- Bathroom door width: 80 cm
- Toilet height: 50 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
Take a Balloon Trip over Mallorca
Without a doubt, this is the very best way of seeing the island. Mallorca Balloons runs flights from March till October, operating eight balloons, one of which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the biggest balloon in Spain. Forget the pool, the sheer romance of floating 2,000 feet over such a magnificent coastline is virtually indescribable …
Discover the 300-year-old Mallorcan Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and ensaïmadas have been the traditional breakfast pastry here since the 17th century. The ensaïmada has even been awarded protected regional food status by the EU. Forn Fondo on Calle Unió in Palma has been a bakery since 1911. Pau Llull is the fourth generation to run it. Who better to make your breakfast?
Taste the Finest Lamb in the World
Forget the glitzy restaurants on the coast, even the good ones. Follow UK’s most down-to-earth celebrity chef, Rick Stein and head for the hills, specifically to Es Verger a little mountain restaurant near Castell d’Alaro, where he ate “the most succulent lamb I ever tasted”, roasted over a wood fire.
Explore the Calas
This is a general instruction. A cala is a small cove, and the Mallorcan coast contains a charming string of them. Keep your eyes open for the road signs and you’ll find some extraordinary little havens of tranquility. It’s the slow way of exploring – but ever so rewarding.
Don’t Miss Unique Fornalutx
If you stay by the coast you’ll never see it, but Fornalutx is regarded by many as the most beautiful village on Mallorca, and one of the most stunning in Spain. You’ll find it deep in the Sierra de Tramuntana, with winding streets, narrow stone steps, and flowers and greenery everywhere. Its houses are decorated with colourful painted tiles, some dating back to the 16th century.
Relive the Scandal of Valldemosa
It may be calm now, but in 1838 it became home-from-home for one of the biggest scandals to grip Paris that year: the affair between the pianist, Frederic Chopin, and the writer George Sand. To get away from it all, they rented a former monk’s cell at the Royal Carthusian Monastery here. They ended up hating the place – but they did wonders for its holiday reputation.
Enjoy the Colour of San Telmo
Where the mountains meet the sea, less than ten minutes west of Puerto Andratx, you’ll find San Telmo, a simple fishing village where the fishermen’s houses line the sea’s edge. It’s protected a few hundred meters offshore by the island of La Dragonera, declared a natural reservation in 1985. You may never want to leave.
Daniel Libeskind is one of the world’s leading architects, who designed the iconic Jewish Museum in Berlin and was chosen to redevelop Ground Zero in New York. Not many people know, however, that overlooking the sea near Puerto Andratx he designed the home and studio where sculptor, Barbara Weill, has worked for 35 years. It’s the only domestic project he’s ever done, and already on the worldwide itinerary of curious architecture students.
Cap de Formentor
This is Mallorca’s northernmost point and about as wild and wonderful as the landscape here gets, which is saying a lot. The sea views are quite stunning – but if you have a fear of heights, watch out.
Time zone: GMT/UTC+1
Area: 3.560 Km2.
Coast line: 554,7 Km
Population: 846.210 inhabitants.
Official languages: Catalan and Spanish. English and German are widely spoken.
Currency: Euro €
Electricity: 220 volts
Average annual temperature: 18,7 ºC
Average annual sun hours: 2.957,7
Highest peak: Puig Major (1.432 m)
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 900,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 3 persons from and to the airport to your hotel € 242,–
- Stay in doublebedroom for 1 till 3 adults or 2+1 Children (see Table)
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax