Hotel Nivaria *****
- Central location at the seafront with a spectacular botanical garden
- Soft ramp leading into the heated seawater swimming pool
- One of the most luxurious hotels of South of Tenerife
- Many wheelchair- and or scooter accessible shops paradise, restaurants and bars nearby
- Caregiver, assistance- and mobility equipment is to rent
Costa Adeje, Hotel Jardines de Nivaria*****
Situated in Costa Adeje, an oasis for all those seeking quality, service and relaxation.
A lot of attention has been paid to the architecture of the hotel, an elegant mixture between Art-deco and Spanish traditional style. One of the first things that draws one’s attention entering the lobby, is the hand made dome, crowning the main building representing the stars and constellations visible from Jardines de Nivaria. Without any doubt a unique masterpiece!!
Located on the seafront in the exclusive Playa de Fañabé area, Costa Adeje, just 17 km from Reina Sofia international airport.
The surrounding area of this luxury hotel on the Costa Adeje, offers a wide variety of shopping centers, restaurants and leisure options.
Disadvantages: Early booking required
All rooms and suites are decorated with an eye for detail and have spacious balconies and terraces with sunbeds.
Room Facilities: Direct dial telephone, minibar, flat screen Sat-TV, safety deposit box, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and individual air conditioning.
5 of them on pool level are wheelchair accessible.
Its main Restaurant
For a superb dining experience, there are three restaurants to choose from:
“Solandra”, serving international buffet with show cooking,
“La Cascada” for delicious snacks and dinner (à la carte or tapas) by the pool and the great award winning
“La Cúpula” for an exquisite candlelight dinner.
GARDENS & POOLS
The impression of luxury is also transmitted by one of the most beautiful hotel gardens on the island of Tenerife: a tranquil oasis of palm trees, plants and flowers, surrounding a large landscaped heated seawater swimming pool with a wide and long ramp
Dress code Jardines de Nivaria
Breakfast: casual dress code. It is not allowed to entry the restaurant in swimsuit, without t-shirt or shirt, barefoot or wet.
Lunch: casual dress code. It is not allowed to entry the restaurant in swimsuit, without t-shirt or shirt, barefoot or wet.
Dinner: dinner is considered a special occasion, therefore it is necessary that you are suitable dressed. Gentleman long trousers, shirts with sleeves and closed shoes. Ladies elegant.
- A room with sitting, dining- and sleeping area, spacious balconies and terraces with sunbeds
- Bathroom with roll in shower, disabled toilet, bathrobes, slippers and hairdryer
- Individual air conditioning
- Safety deposit box, minibar,
- Direct dial telephone, WiFi and flat screen Sat-TV
- Number of accessible units 5 at pool level
- Lift width and depth 80 x 140 cm
- Room door width 80 cm
- Bathroom door width 90 cm
- Bed height 50 cm, Distance floor/bed base 30 cm
- Toilet height 37 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 78,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 110,–
- Stay in Apartment, kitchen and bedroom with double bed for 1 till 3 Persons (see table)
- 24-Ours-hotline for Problems assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax