Hotel Noelia Sur ****
- In the heart of Playa de las Américas
- Very popular hotel with a high level of returning guests
- Flat and central location
- Wide range of equipment, care and accessible excursions are possible
- Is good starting point to visit restaurants, bars, shops and beaches
Playa de las Américas, Hotel Noelia Sur **** (accessible units 10, max 3 adults or 2+1)
This comfortable hotel offers the perfect combination of service, dining and leisure activities, all conveniently nestled directly in the heart of Playa de Las Americas. Only meters separate the guest from fashionable shopping or a relaxing day at the beach, while key attractions are easily accessible.
The hotel has four swimming pools; one main pool equipped with a ramp, surrounded by a spacious terrace (special sunbathing area has been reserved for disabled) and a children’s pool to keep the little ones occupied making the Noelia Sur an ideal destination for a fun filled family holiday.
The hotel also features a ‘beach like’ sandy sunbathing area which is a perfect spot to spend lazy days in the sun.
Disadvantages: Very early booking is required
In Hotel Noelia Sur you find:
- 24-Hour Front Desk, Tour Desk, Ticket Service, Concierge Service
- Laundry, Meeting/Banquet Facilities and Hair/Beauty Salon
- Bar, Buffet-Style Restaurant, Snack Bar
- Pool Table, Ping-Pong, Darts, Solarium, Bicycle Rental, Game Room, Entertainment Staff
- Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge
- Safe, Non-smoking Rooms, Family Rooms, Elevator, Air Conditioning
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Outdoor Pool (all year), Grounds, Terrace, Sun Deck
- A large room with two queen-size-beds and terraces
- Air conditioning, minibar and music installation
- Bathroom with roll in shower, disabled toilet and hairdryer
- Direct dial telephone, safe and flat screen Sat-TV
- Enough space to charge a mobility scooter in the room
- Number of accessible units 10
- Lift width and depth 79 x 125 cm
- Room door width 90 cm
- Bathroom door width 90 cm
- Bed height 58 cm, Distance floor/bed base 20 cm
- Toilet height 40 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 78,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 110,–
- Stay in room with double bed for 1 till 3 persons (see table)
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax