Hotel Vulcano ****
- In the heart of Playa de las Américas
- All the accessible rooms are facing the pool
- Heated pool (between 25ºC and 27ºC) with hoist
- Wide range of equipment, care and accessible excursions are possible
- Is good starting point to visit restaurants, bars, shops and beaches
Hotel Vulcano**** (Max.2 Adults, 10 accessible rooms facing pool)
This appealing hotel is situated in the center of Playa de las Américas, only 300m from the beach and 5 minutes walking from the main road
with plenty of shops and restaurants. Renewed in 2003, the Vulcano Hotel consists of 371 double rooms.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 72,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 110,–
- Stay in doublebedroom inc. halfboard, max.2 adults (see table)
- All Inclusive is possible
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax
Amongst the air-conditioned hotel’s facilities count a lobby with a 24-hours reception desk, a restaurant, a bar, a hairdresser, a public Internet terminal (fee) and wireless Internet access. Laundry and room service are available at an extra cost.
Room service is available non-stop from 7 a.m. to midnight.
Laundry service is available from Monday to Friday.
Its main restaurant offers buffet service with a varied choice including vegetarian menus and show cooking specialties from the grill.
The hotel has an outdoor heated pool (between 25ºC and 27ºC) with hoist, a children’s area, snack bar and sunbathing terrace with sun beds and parasols.
Guests can enjoy the sauna, a steam room and a massage service (fee). In addition, guests may take advantage of the offers such as table tennis, squash courts, billiards, petanque, mini golf and gym and a seasonal entertainment program.
The holidaymaker, looking for good service in a calm and attractive environment, will find this hotel the perfect choice for an unforgettable stay.
- Bathroom with wheel-in shower some with toilet and gripbar
- Hairdryer and pool towels
- Room with bed, table and chairs
- Minibar, air conditioning and safe to rent
- Telephone, Free WiFi, TV
- Balcony with garden table and chairs
- Number of accessible units 10 facing the pool
- Lift width and depth 80 x 140 cm
- Room door width 90 cm
- Bathroom door width 90 cm
- Bed height 57 cm, Distance floor/bed base 24 cm
- Toilet height 40 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.