Hotel Zentral Center ****
- Located in the heart of Playa de las Americas
- Rooftop swimming pool, equipped with a hoist and a commode, offers fantastic panoramic views
- Excellent central location near the adapted beach
- Wide range of equipment, care and accessible excursions are possible
- Is good starting point to visit restaurants, bars and shops
Playa de las Américas, Hotel Zentral Center **** (11 accessible rooms, max 3 adults)
The hotel is located in the heart of Playa de las Americas, on the southern coast of Tenerife. Being in the center of the resort, guests of the hotel can find numerous shops, restaurants, bars and a variety of night-life entertainment on the doorstep and the famous accessible Las Vistas beach within walking distance.
This modern 4 star hotel offers excellent accommodation close to resort facilities.
The rooftop swimming pool, equipped with a hoist and a commode, offers fantastic panoramic views.
From the 208 rooms are 11 accessible the are modern and have air-conditioned, TV, safe, minibar, private role-in-bathroom and WC with braces.
- 24-hour reception, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, Fax/Photocopying
- Bar, Restaurant (buffet)
- WiFi is available for an extra charge
- Safety deposit box, Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Lift, Soundproof rooms, Non-smoking , Air conditioning
- Billiards, Table tennis, Sauna, Massage, Bicycle rental
- Outdoor swimming pool
- A hot tub and sauna
- A very spacious room (40 m²) with panorama window
- Bathroom with wheel-in shower and toilet with gripbar
- Air conditioning
- Telephone, TV and safe
- A mobility scooter can be charged on the room
- Number of accessible units 11 first floor
- Lift width and depth 80 x 140 cm
- Room door width 80 cm
- Bathroom door width 90 cm
- Bed height 50 cm, Distance floor/bed base 30 cm
- Toilet height 47 cm
- Toilet grab rails50 and 78 cm, distance between 72 cm
- Sink high 85 cm, free space below 67 cm
- Manual/Electric wheelchair
- Electric bed (incl. monkey pole and cotsides)
- Electric hoist
- Monkey pole
- Air mattress (anti decubitus)
- Shower/toiletchair (commode)
- Raised toilet seat
- Rollator / Walking frame
- Home and medical care can be arrange.
For the complete list of possibilities and prizes see www.lero.net.
On the island is also a dialysis Center that is open for tourists.
Teide National Park:
There is one completely accessible route – Roque de Caramujo Path; the Alto de Guamazo path is accessible with the help of a friend or guide. There are several practicable viewpoints, and the botanical gardens and visitors center are also accessible.
Tenerife’s natural routes and paths:
A holiday in Tenerife does not have to stop at the beach and day trips to the coastal resorts and capital. Aside from a trip to the Teide National Park, there are several recommended routes, which take you through some of the island’s most stunning and natural landscapes.
One that has a fully accessible route is the Sendero de Agua Garcia. Situated in the Agua Garcia forest in the region of Tacoronte, you find this fully adapted pathway to 850m. There is an average slope of 6% and five resting spots. Thereafter the rest of the pedestrian route is practicable, as is the car park.
There are two companies on Tenerife that offer specifically-adapted cars for wheelchair user.
There are several taxi companies that offer vehicles with access ramps for wheelchairs.
“Playa de las Vistas”
Tenerife’s beaches are extremely well-equipped and barrier-free to all visitors. The region of Arona especially Playa de las Vistas, has won an award for its accessible beach facilities.
Los Cristianos boasts Europe’s largest barrier-free pedestrian sea promenade, which runs for seven kilometers. It’s beach is completely barrier-free with accessible walkways and routes, wooden fixed and roll-up pathways, entrance ramps (6%), accessible toilets and changing rooms, aquatic chairs and crutches, sea accompaniment and amphibian wheelchair services.
Whale & Dolphin Watching
These excursions leave every day from various ports in the south. There are two boats with accessibility for wheelchairs. Bottlenose Dolphins and Pilot Whales are the most numerous but it is also possible to spot others, such as Sperm or White Whales.
In Costa Adeje makes up an excellent combined leisure and entertainment offer. This is the only Water Park and Dolphinarium in Tenerife and is situated in one of the most tropical tourist destinations of the island.
In the south of Tenerife are a complex of pyramid structures astronomically positioned by the winter and summer solstice.
The park offers its visitors a chance to contemplate these amazing constructions, a surprising resemblance of the architecture to those found in Egypt, Cerdena, Sicily, South America and other parts of the world.
Located in Puerto de la Cruz, its facilities include 135,000 square meters, which means that they can house the big and the small. Although when it first opened, this theme park received its fame due to its magnificent collection of parrots, the largest in the world, today it provides a home to a number of species that live in this subtropical park which reproduces their natural habitat.
Parque Las Aquilas – Jungle Park
Is a fantastic zoological and botanical park with 75,000 m² of jungle and over 500 animals.
- Mobility transfer (If you wish, by wheelchair) at the airports
- Flight price depending on airport and the time of year from € 200,– till € 500,– per person
- You are allowed to bring your own mobility equipment like wheelchair, Hand-Bike, etc.(max 2) and medical luggage up to 15 kg free of charge
(doctors declaration not older than 3 weeks needed)
- Wheelchair Transfer for 1 – 4 persons from and to the airport to your hotel
Wheelchair groups transfer € 72,–
Private wheelchair transfer € 100,–
- Stay in doublebedroom inc. breakfast, max.3 adults (see table)
- Half board is possible
- 24-Ours-hotline for trouble assistance at your holiday
- Booking fees €25,-, airport tax and local tax